Research, Outreach, and Instruction
Due to COVID-19:
- ROI has shifted our services online, including instruction and research consultations. Contact your liaison to find out more or schedule an appointment for a synchronous meeting via Zoom or Google Meet.
- We will not have a physical presence at the reference desk in Jackson Library. Please use and direct students to our Ask Us! virtual chat service.
The librarians and staff of the Research, Outreach, and Instruction Department
- Provide information and research assistance to library users, both on and off campus;
- Offer instruction in the retrieval and use of information resources to individuals and groups;
- Develop an effective reference collection, in print and electronic formats;
- Serve as liaisons for the library, reaching out to academic units of the University;
- Assist in the development and management of the Libraries' collections; and
- Assist instructors by purchasing library access to course materials electronically when allowed by publishers.
ROI Mission Statement and Goals
ROI Staff - Org Chart