The UNCG Libraries loan technologies to UNCG students, faculty, and staff.
- Computing technologies and calculators are available at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk (first floor)
- Recording technologies are available at the Digital Media Commons Desk (lower level). Visit the Digital Media Commons homepage for a list of additional technologies available for use only in the lower level of Jackson Library.
- Visit the Harold Schiffman Music Library homepage for a list of computing and recording technologies available there.
- Borrowers must read and sign a Technology Lending Agreement before borrowing Libraries technology.
- One in person renewal per item is possible as long as there is another like item available for another borrower.
- Due to high demand and limited quantities, patrons are limited to borrowing either one laptop or iPad at a time, only one of each remaining items at a time, and only one Go Pro accessory at a time.
- For loan period and fine rate information in Jackson Library, see our
Technology Lending Loan Period, Fines and Fees page.
Faculty and Graduate Teaching Assistants - also see our Instructional Technology Collection.
Laptops - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Model: Dell Latitude E5440, and E6540
Latitude E5440 Manual
Latitude E6540 Manual
Specs: Windows 7; DVD R/W drive; Wi-Fi; Productivity software, including Microsoft Office suite.
Note: Libraries laptops only work when connected to the UNCG AD/GCN network; they will not connect off-campus.
iPads - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Model: Apple iPad3 MC705LL, and iPad Air (5th Generation) A1474
iPad3 Technical Specifications
iPad Air Technical Specifications
Specs: 16G capacity; Wi-Fi; Bluetooth; Built-in camera with video/ voice recording capabilities on iPad3s.
Wireless Keyboards for iPads - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Model: Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPads
Help files: Product Information
Specs: Wireless keyboard uses Bluetooth technology to connect to iPad; includes 2 AA rechargeable batteries; Wireless keyboard may only be checked out with iPad checkout.
Graphing Calculators - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Model: TI-83 Plus
Help files: TI-83 Plus Guidebook
Specs: LCD screen; 64x96 pixel resolution; Built-in memory for storage and analysis of up to 10 matrices; handles calculus, engineering, trigonometric, and financial functions.
Scientific Calculators - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Model: TI-36X Pro
Help files: TI-36X Pro Scientific Calculator Specifications
Specs: Multi-line functions, solvers, and displays; solar powered.
Financial Calculators - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Model: BA II Plus
Help files: BA II Plus Guidebook
Specs: LCD screen; 10 digit display; common math and various financial functions; built-in memory; solar powered
Accessories - borrow at the Jackson Library Check Out Desk
Also available at the Check Out Desk:
- Microphone headsets
- iPad power adapters
- Power strips (multi-outlet)
- 5 in 1 Memory Card Reader/Writers
Camcorders – borrow at the Digital Media Commons Desk
Model: Canon Vixia HF R100, HF R200, HF R400, and HF R500
HF R100 Manual
HF R200 Manual
HF R400 Manual
HF R500 Manual
Specs: 32G Flash Memory card; Built-in digital camera; 2.7” widescreen LCD; 24p & 30p frame modes; additional features and functions may vary slightly among models.
Model: GoPro Hero (Original entry-level)
Help files: GoPro Hero User Manual
Specs: Specs: 1080p30 and 720p60 video, 5MP photos up to 5 frames per second, Waterproof to 131’ (40m); 2+ hours; Micro SDHC Memory card; Optional Go Pro accessories available for checkout (quantities limited)
Digital Cameras – borrow at the Digital Media Commons Desk
Model: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W710 and DSC-W800 digital still camera
Specs: 16.1 Mega Pixel W Series 5x Optical Zoom.
Digital Voice Recorders – borrow at the Digital Media Commons Desk
Model: Olympus VN-722PC Digital Voice Recorder
Help files: VN-722PC Instruction Manual
Specs: Built-in stand; portable USB, Micro SDHC memory card
Model: H1 Zoom Audio Recorder Digital Voice Recorder
Help files: 4:11 minute video tutorial on using this device (created by the Library's DMC)
Specs: Wave or MP3 format; saved to micro SD card 1.83 GB of space; Mac/PC
Model: Olympus WS-400S Digital Voice Recorder
Help files: WS-400S Instructions
Specs: Built-in flash memory 1GB; built-in USB connection.
Tripods – borrow at the Digital Media Commons Desk
Eligible to borrow with or without other library equipment.