Jackson Library and the Harold Schiffman Music Library loans technologies to UNCG students, faculty, and staff.
- Borrowers must read and sign a Technology Lending Agreement before borrowing Libraries technology.
- One renewal per item is possible as long as no other borrowers are waiting. Items must be brought to the Check Out Desk to renew and/or return.
- Due to high demand and limited quantities, patrons are limited to borrowing either one laptop or iPad at a time and only one each of the remaining items at a time.
- For loan period and fine rate information in Jackson Library, see our Technology Lending Loan Period, Fines and Fees page.
Model: Dell Latitude E5430, and E6540
Dell Latitude E5430 and E6540 Help files:
Specs: Windows XP; DVD R/W drive; Wi-Fi; Productivity software, including Microsoft Office suite.
Note: Libraries laptops only work
when connected to the UNCG AD/GCN network; they will not connect off-campus.
Model: Apple iPad1 MB292LL, and iPad3 MC705LL
Specs: 16G capacity; Wi-Fi; Bluetooth; Built-in camera with video/ voice recording capabilities on iPad3s.
Model: Canon Vixia HF R100, HF R200, HF R400, and HF R500
Specs: 32G Flash Memory card; Built-in digital camera; 2.7” widescreen LCD; 24p & 30p frame modes; additional features and functions may vary slightly among models.
Flip Ultra Camcorders
Model: Flip Ultra U1120 and U1120B (2nd Generation)
Specs: Built-in USB connection, 4 GB, 2 Hours
Model: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W710 digital still camera
Help files: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/
Specs: 16.1 Mega Pixel W Series 5x Optical Zoom.
Digital Voice Recorders
Model: H1 Zoom Audio Recorder Digital Voice Recorder
Help files: Video a 4:11 minute video tutorial on using this device (created by the Library's DMC)
Specs: Wave or MP3 format; saved to micro SD card 1.83 GB of space; Mac/PC
Model: Olympus DS-2400 Digital Voice Recorder
Help files: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1400&page=support
Specs: SD/SDHC Memory Card; DSS Pro Format; 159 Hours Recording; Voice Activation; LCD; Mac/PC; DSS Software.
Model: Olympus WS-400S Digital Voice Recorder
Help files: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_product.asp?id=1456
Specs: Built-in flash memory 1GB; built-in USB connection.
Eligible to borrow with or without other library equipment.
Model: TI-83 Plus
Help files: http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_ti83p.html?bid=6
Specs: LCD screen; 64x96 pixel resolution; Built-in memory for storage and analysis of up to 10 matrices; handles calculus, engineering, trigonometric, and financial functions.
Model: TI-36X Pro
Help files: https://education.ti.com/en/us/products/calculators/scientific-calculators/ti-36x-pro/tabs/specifications
Specs: Multi-line functions, solvers, and displays; solar powered.
Also available at the Check Out Desk:
- Microphone headsets
- iPad power adapters
- Power strips (multi-outlet)
- 56 in 1 Memory Card Reader/Writers