The University Libraries, which includes Walter Clinton Jackson Library and the Harold Schiffman Music Library in the Music Building, employ a variety of staff in many different capacities including; public services, technical services, special collections, and electronic resources and information technology. Available positions can be found at the following links:
- Librarians, Administrators and Technical Professionals
- UNCG JobSearch posts open positions for faculty librarians, staff, and non-faculty EPA positions as they are available. Please follow the links to each area of interest and look for openings under the University Libraries.
- Student Employment
- The University Libraries (including the Harold Schiffman Music Library in the Music Building) employs students in multiple positions and departments on campus. Departmental openings are posted through the UNCG Career Services Center. Using Spartan Careers Handshake, you will need to register with your UNCG credentials to see postings. Openings are posted by department as available - check these postings by logging in and searching by department.
- Reference LIS Internship
- Hourly paid Internship positions are posted in the Research, Outreach and Instruction Department. Use the link above for details, requirements and expectations.
- LIS Practicum
- The University Libraries host LIS practicum assignments for credit offered through LIS 691. Use the link above for details from the Department of Library and Information Studies. Departments offering practicums include music, cataloging, digital media commons, special collections & university archives, research outreach and instruction, and digital projects. Practicums are also possible for other departments - check with the sponsoring department for their requirements and program details.
- Volunteer Opportunities through Special Collections & University Archives
- The Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections & University Archives at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro relies on the skills and energy of its volunteers and interns to perform the necessary work in supporting research and learning. Information on volunteering can be found through the link above. Those interested in opportunities in other departments can indicate their interest on the form.