Jackson Library is currently OPEN.
Code of Conduct
- Food and drink are permitted with some restrictions. See the University Libraries food policy.
- Please turn off cell phone ringers and be considerate (use your "inside voice") when using cell phones! Please observe the quiet zones on floors 6-9 and the Trice Alcove on the 1st floor.
- Please enjoy your skateboards, skates, scooters, bicycles outside.
- Only assistance animals are allowed.
- Children under the age of 13 should be accompanied by an adult. Exceptions will be made for children participating in school or University sponsored programs and activities. The Libraries' computers do not have internet filters. Parents or guardians are responsible for their children when visiting the Libraries and for the children's use of library materials, whether found on the internet or among the Libraries' other collections.
The following conduct is not permitted in the Libraries:
- Alcoholic beverages (except for Libraries’ sponsored events)
- Unwelcome advances to patrons or staff
- Leering or staring at patrons or staff with the intent to annoy or harass
- Destruction of Library property
- Using obscene language
- Violating the Libraries' computer policy
- Bathing in the restrooms
- Prolonged sleeping that interferes with the intended use of the building
- Offensive body odor