Computer Workstation and Internet Access Policy
The University Libraries of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro provide computers to support the scholarly and research activities of UNCG faculty, students and staff. Priority is given to this use.
Library computing workstations must be used in accordance with the University of North Carolina at Greensboro's Acceptable Use of Computing and Electronic Resources Policy. Failure to abide by that Policy may result in suspension of computing workstation access privileges and, in the case of students, faculty and staff, may result in a referral to the applicable University disciplinary authority.
Libraries are public places and users may not intentionally access material and images that contain obscenity, child pornography or other unlawful content. Additionally, use of the computers in a manner that creates a hostile environment can expose the user and the University to claims for sexual or racial harassment. Therefore, such usage is also prohibited and may result in suspension of computing workstation access privileges.
Parents or guardians are responsible for their children’s use of library materials, whether found on the Internet or among the Library’s other collections.
The Libraries provide the following types of computer and internet access:
- Most computers throughout the building require a UNCG login and provide full access to the internet and a variety of productivity software.
- Several stand-up computers on the first floor are available as "Express" machines that provide access to the internet only. Use of these workstations is limited to 15 minutes at a time.
- Two computers in the Reference area are available to the general public with access to the internet only for research purposes. Guests may use these computers for one hour.
- Computers on the Tower and Basement floors are available to search only the Libraries' catalog.
- Laptops are available for check-out to UNCG students, faculty and staff for 4-hour loans.
Harold Schiffman Music Library
- Most computers require a UNCG login and provide full access to the internet and a variety of productivity software.
- Several stand-up computers that provide access to the internet only are available for quick searches.
- Laptops are available for check-out to UNCG students, faculty and staff for four-hour loans.