How to Read Your Budget Report
Budget Reports are emailed to Faculty Representatives on a monthly basis after the Libraries’ collections budget has been finalized for the fiscal year. They are generated from the Libraries’ online acquisitions system and provide up-to-date fund information. Items are ordered and paid against the departmental fund on a daily basis, so the balance is constantly changing.
Below are explanations of the information included in the report:
- Fund Code
- This is the code that applies to orders from your department.
- Budget Amount
- This is the dollar amount that you may spend this fiscal year.
- This is the dollar amount of items on order. When an item is received, the cost is deducted from the encumbrance figure and added to the expended figure.
- This is the dollar amount of items already received and paid. The expended and budget amounts should be equal by the end of the fiscal year.
- Remaining Cash Balance
- This is the dollar amount of what you have left to spend. This figure is equal to Budget Amount minus Encumbered minus Expended.
- NOTE: The final date to submit orders to the Technical Services Department is March 31 each year.