Notification of Overdue and Billed Items
Notices for overdue and billed items are sent to borrowers according to this schedule:
- Courtesy renewal reminder notices are sent 3 days prior to the date due on items loaned for more than 7 days.
- Overdue notices are sent 3 and 24 days after due dates. An additional overdue notice for Reading Room DVDs is sent on the 7th day after the due date.
- Bill notices detailing replacement costs are sent 40 days after due dates.
- Additional reminder notices are sent every 30 days for 6 months.
- Notices are:
- Emailed to the official UNCG account of UNCG students, faculty and staff.
- Emailed to the address provided at registration for all others.
- Mailed to the local address when no email address is available.
- Failure to receive overdue notices does not absolve users from fines and fees on items not returned or renewed on time.
- Borrowing and renewing privileges may be blocked while items are overdue.