Scanning, Photocopying, and Faxing
Scanning, photocopying, and microform printing services are available to the public in the Libraries. Faxing services are not available in the Libraries but are available on campus to UNCG students, faculty and staff.
Scanning is Free!
- Free color or black and white scans can be emailed, sent to Google Docs or saved to USBs.
- Black and white scans can be sent directly to the Libraries’ printers and printed for $.06 per page using SpartanCash on SpartanCards. Guest cards may be purchased for $1 and value added in $1 increments at the Fill Station across from the Check Out Desk in Jackson Library (computer printing options).
- Jackson Library: Two scanners across from the Checkout Desk and one in the Information Commons, 1st floor; three in the Digital Media Commons, lower level.
- Jackson Library: Two microforms scanners in the Research, Outreach, and Instruction Department; 1st floor. These scanners are not connected to the printers. (Note: these machines are not available 12 am - 7:30 am).
- The Harold Schiffman Music Library - One scanner.
Photocopying and Microform Printing
- Black and white, legal and letter sized photocopies are $.10 per side of page; 11 x 17 paper is $.20 per side of page. One photocopier in Jackson Library accepts cash/coins only; the others accept SpartanCash stored on SpartanCards or Guest cards; Guest cards may be purchased for $1 and value may be added in $1 increments at the Fill Station across from the Check Out Desk in Jackson Library.
- Black and white microform copies are $.10 per side of page. Cash payment is made at the Reference Desk.
- Jackson Library: Two photocopiers across from the Checkout Desk, 1st floor; microform copiers are in the Research, Outreach, and Instruction Department, 1st floor.
- The Harold Schiffman Music Library: One photocopier.
SpartanCash can be added:
- To SpartanCards and Guest Cards using $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills at the Fill Stations in Jackson Library and the Dining Hall as well as at the SpartanCard Center, 121 Elliott Center, when open.
- To SpartanCards online, by check and telephone. For additional information on these methods, see the SpartanCard Center pages.
Info for University Departments, Agencies, Offices, and Research Grant Holders
- University Departments, Agencies, Offices, and Research Grant holders can purchase or add value to cards at the SpartanCard Center, room 121, Elliott University Center. Funds can be added directly to faculty and staff IDs. Guest cards may also be purchased. Contact the SpartanCard Center for payment details.
- Danyl Single Card photocopy debit cards may no longer be purchased or re-valued in the Libraries. Users with these cards may have the value transferred to a SpartanCard or Guest card at the SpartanCard Center.
Faxing for UNCG Students, Faculty, & Staff (not available in the Libraries)
Faxing services are available to UNCG students, faculty and staff at the following locations during their operating hours. Costs vary based on local, long distance or international numbers as well as number of pages and apply to faxes sent or received.