Requesting Library Materials
In the Spring 2021 semester, Jackson Library is testing a new pull and pick up service available to UNCG students, faculty/staff and Community Borrowers that allows for requests to be placed on items in the Jackson Library Stacks location with the status of Available. Additionally, the choice of these 3 delivery options are being tested: contactless pick up -- locker, shipping to your address and on-site pick up at the Checkout Desk.
- For all Harold Schiffman Music Library requests, please use this Request Materials Pickup form.
- Already looked for an Available item in the library but could not find it on the shelf? We will look for missing items for you:
- If it’s in the Jackson Library Stacks locations, follow the "To Place Requests" directions listed below.
- If it’s in any of these collections: Audiobook, Current Literature, DVD, Jewish Studies Room, Noel & Tom Kirby-Smith Poetry, Paperback, Young Adult/Graphic Novel, fill out the Jackson Library Item Search Request form.
- It will take approximately 48 hours for us to obtain materials with the status of Available to fill requests. You will be notified if we cannot locate them or need additional information.
- Checked out items in other Jackson Library shelving locations may still be requested. Requests on checked out items are filled when they are returned. Current borrowers are blocked from renewing requested items.
- UNCG students, faculty, and staff may be able to borrow checked out items and items with the status of Missing via Interlibrary Loan or borrow them from other area and UNC libraries using their UNCG ID Card. Contact the Check Out Desk if you need assistance with these services.
To Place Requests:
Use the Request Items button () in the Check Availability section of the catalog record to initiate a request. You will be asked to enter your My Library Account username and password.
For all requests, you will receive an email titled "UNCG Libraries, Request in Process – Your Action Required" within approximately 2 hours of our obtaining the item to fill our request. Open the email and use the library pickup link to choose one of the following 3 option for how you would like to obtain the items from us. In the meanwhile, we will gather Available items for you. Items will be checked out to your library account, and you will receive an email titled "UNCG Libraries and Affiliates, Items Due Dates".
- Contactless Pickup - Locker System: You will be routed to a Google Form to schedule your pickup. All of your requested materials will be checked out to you and placed in a dedicated, secure locker in the EUC connector outside Jackson Library for up to 14 days. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours with the scheduled pickup time, locker number, and lock combination. You may visit the locker and retrieve your items accordingly. (How to open lockers video)
- Shipping - To Your Address: You will be routed to a Google Form, where you will be asked to provide your current, off campus shipping address. Library staff will check out and ship materials free of charge to your address via UPS. You will receive a confirmation email when the material(s) are shipped to you. Free return shipping labels will also be available when you are ready to return your item(s).
- UNCG faculty and staff can request campus delivery of materials. See our Delivery Services page for information.
- Please note that shipping to locations within Guilford County and shipping to Community Borrowers are available only as long as Covid-19 restrictions are applied.
- On-Site Pickup - Checkout Desk: DVDs will be held for 3 days; other items 14 days. Please bring photo identification and visit the Checkout Desk at Jackson Library during our operating hours. Be aware that to enter any building on the UNCG campus, you will need to wear a face covering and practice appropriate social distancing.
- Holds for Entertainment DVDs are limited to 4 per person at one time.
- All requests expire 90 days after placement if not filled.
- Holds placed by UNCG students, faculty and staff are filled in the order placed. Holds placed by Community Borrowers are filled in the order placed after all other holds are filled.
- Notifications are emailed to iSpartan email account or, for Community Borrowers, to the email address used when registered.
- All checked out items are subject to immediate recall for course reserves and other extreme circumstances as determined by Access Services Staff. Recalled items are assigned a Recall Due Date that may supersede the original due date. Not returning items by the Recall Due Date may result in:
- Loss of borrowing and renewing privileges until the items are returned or replaced.
- A non-negotiable, non-refundable $75.00 fee per item added to the borrower's library account. This fee is in addition to any overdue fines and billing fees owed based on the original due date.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.