Requesting Library Materials: Pull and Pick Service
Is there an item in Jackson Library with the status of Available that you would like to have pulled and held for or delivered to you? If you are a UNCG student, faculty/staff member, registered NonUNCG affiliated user, or Community Borrower, use the Request Item button in the Libraries’ catalog to use our Pull and Pick service. After we find and pull what you need, you will receive an email with a link to pick how you would like to get it: on-site pick up in Jackson Library, campus mail to the on-campus addresses of UNCG faculty and staff, or shipped via UPS free of charge to the off-campus addresses of UNCG student, faculty and staff.
To Place Requests:
Use the Request Item button () in the Access Options panel located to the right of the catalog record to initiate a request. You will be asked to enter your My Library Account username and password. It will take approximately 48 hours for us to obtain materials with the status of Available to fill requests. Requests for materials in our off-site Storage facility may take longer. You will be notified if we cannot locate items or need additional information.
After your items are pulled you will receive an email with the subject "UNCG Libraries, Select Request Delivery Option."
- Pickup in Library: If you plan to pick the item up in the library, no further action is required. Your item will be checked out to you and held at the Checkout Desk in Jackson Library. Please bring photo identification and visit us during operating hours. Items that are not picked up with 14 days will be checked in and returned to the shelves.
- Campus Delivery via Campus Mail: This service is available to UNCG Faculty and Staff only. Use the link in the email to access a form on which you will be asked to provide your campus address. Your items will be checked out to you, and most will arrive within three working days of the request. By placing a Campus Delivery request, the borrower accepts responsibility for materials once they leave the library.
- Shipping - Free UPS Delivery to Your Off-Campus Address: This service is available to UNCG students, faculty, and staff only. Use the link in the email to access a form on which you will be asked to provide your current shipping address. Your items will be checked out to you, and most materials will be shipped within three working days of the request. By placing a shipping request, the borrower accepts responsibility for materials once they leave the library. You will receive a confirmation email from UPS when the materials are shipped. Free return postage is available, by request, when you are ready to return your materials.
- Holds for Entertainment DVDs are limited to 4 per person at one time.
- All requests expire 90 days after placement if not filled.
- Holds placed by UNCG students, faculty and staff are filled in the order placed. Holds placed by others are filled in the order placed after all other holds are filled.
- Notifications are emailed to the iSpartan email account; for those who do not have one, to the email address provided during the borrower registration process.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be happy to assist you.