Remote Storage Service Policy
To provide shelf space for new acquisitions
of books and bound journals in Jackson Library, seldom used titles were transfered to a remote storage facility on campus. Access Services staff will retrieve titles from storage upon request in compliance with the service policies below.
- The storage facility operates Monday through Friday. It is closed on weekends.
- The storage facility is not intended to be a public area. Only Library personnel have access to the facility.
- Requests for material received on weekdays before 1:00 PM will be available for pickup at the Jackson Library Checkout Desk at 5:00 PM that day. Requests received on weekdays after 1:00 PM will be available for pickup on the next weekday at 5:00 PM. Requests received on the weekend will be available for pickup on Monday at 5:00 PM.
- Unless otherwise requested, retrieved materials will be held at the Checkout Desk in Jackson Library for 7 days after which unclaimed material will then be returned to the storage facility.
- UNCG students, faculty, and staff and Community Borrowers may place requests online using the request link provided on the item record. Requests placed online may not be retrieved until the next day. Requests may be placed at the Checkout Desk by all patrons.
- Please limit requests for items in print or A/V materials to no more than 5 volumes per
day; microfilm requests to 5 reels per day. Requests may be retrieved over multiple
days when the total patron request volume is significant. Patrons will be contacted if
this situation should occur.
- When items are available for pick up, patrons will receive email notifications when their
email accounts are on file. UNCG students, faculty and staff will receive theirs via
iSpartan. When no email accounts are on file, patrons will be notified by telephone.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.