List of works cited in MLA style
The list of works cited (also called a "bibliography")
appears at the end of your paper, and consists of complete citations for
all the books, articles, websites and other sources you cited in the text.
Here aresome rules for formatting your list of works cited page in MLA style:
- Begin your list of works cited on its own page.
- Number the pages, continuing the page number sequence of your paper.
- The entries in the list of works cited are alphabetized by author's last name. An
entry with no author is alphabetized by title (ignoring "a",
"an", and "the").
- Double-space your list of works cited.
- Each citation is done in a hanging indent style, where the first line is flush with the left hand margin and subsequent lines are indented one-half inch.
Here's an example of what it should look like:
The next question is: how do you actually write a citation in MLA style?