University Libraries Staff Service Award
The University Libraries Staff Service Award was established in 1997 upon the retirement of Martha Ransley, former Head of the Circulation Department, "To recognize and reward members of the SHRA Libraries Staff who provide outstanding leadership and service in furthering the accomplishment of the mission of the Libraries to provide service to students, faculty, staff and members of the community which the University serves."
Libraries Staff Service Award Winners
- Will Cook, 2020
- Alaina Jones, 2019
- Callie Coward, 2018
- Sean Mulligan, 2017
- Kathelene McCarty Smith, 2016
- Ann Perdue, 2015
- Katherine Nunnally, 2014
- Susan Hendrickson, 2013
- Cheryl Cross, 2012
- Cindy Zaruba, 2011
- Stacey Krim, 2010
- Susan Farr, 2009
- Cindy Slater, 2008
- Audrey Sage, 2007
- Clara Kelly, 2006
- Bob Clair, 2005
- Sue Brusnahan, 2004
- Teresa Allen, 2003
- Patricia Black, 2002
- Jimmy Thompson, 2001
- Betty Carter, 2000
- John Overly, 1999
- Modgie Jeffers, 1998
Award Winner Gift: The staff service award winner receives a monetary award and has his/her name engraved on the University Libraries Staff Services Award plaque. The winner also serves on the committee for at least 2 years. (Winners may ask to recuse themselves for a year if they wish to nominate someone else for the award.)
Eligibility: SHRA staff member with 3 years or more employment in the University Libraries.
Selection Criteria Considerations:
- Commendable initiative and perseverance in their service within the Libraries (regardless of whether they work quietly work behind the scenes or in public services).
- Outstanding contributions within their Unit as well as to the whole Libraries.
- Show service beyond individual job responsibilities which embodies the spirit of this award for excellence.
- Competency, creativity, and diligence in carrying out daily responsibilities.
- Leadership and service on Libraries committees.
- Participation in Libraries projects.
- Assistance with the general work of the Libraries.
- Exemplifies qualities worthy of emulation; a positive attitude, a sense of humor, appreciation of people, and a commitment to service.
Nomination Procedure & Details:
- Any member of Libraries' permanent staff or faculty may nominate candidates, except those currently serving on the committee.
- No self nominations will be considered.
- All nominations are considered.
- An award recipient is not eligible again for 5 years after receipt of the original award.
- Members of the Award Committee are not eligible for the award and must abstain from voting when it involves a person from their own Department.
- All nominations are kept confidential.
Nominations are due by 5:00 PM on May 1st
Online Nomination Form