Jackson Library is currently OPEN.
Photo by Michael Maggs
- University Archives
- University Archives collects items that document the history, cultural life, and shared memory of UNCG. Materials date from the founding of the University in 1891. Besides paper records, this collection includes extensive holdings of photographs, scrapbooks, oral histories, postcards, artifacts, and textiles.
- The Manuscripts section of Archives concentrates on acquiring, preserving, and providing access to collections that document the history, cultural life, economics, and politics of the North Carolina Piedmont.
- Rare Books
- Among the major book collections in Special Collections are the large and significant Woman's
Collection, with titles from the fifteenth through the twentieth centuries; the American Women's Detective Fiction Collection; the Girls' Books in Series Collection; the American Trade
Binding Collection; the Juvenile Collection; and the Book Arts Collection.
- Cello Music
- The Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives has internationally known collection of cello music books, manuscripts, records, and sheet music. The collection includes such influential cellists as: Elizabeth Cowling, Maurice Eisenberg, Bernard Greenhouse, Fritz Magg, Rudolf Matz, Janos Scholz, Luigi Silva, and Laszlo Varga.
- Betty H. Carter Women Veterans Historical Collection
- The Women Veterans Historical Collection documents the female experience in the Armed Forces through letters, papers, photographs, published materials, uniforms, artifacts, and oral histories.
- Online Collections
- Browse our online collections.