- Provides the full text of seven newspapers.
- Freedom's Journal (New York, NY), 1827-March 1829
- Colored American (New York, NY), 1837-1841
- The North Star (Rochester, NY), 1847-1851
- National Era (Washington, DC), 1847-Mar 1860
- Frederick Douglass Papers (Rochester, NY), 1851-1856
- Provincial Freeman (Toronto, ON), 1854-1857
- The Christian Recorder (Toronto, ON), 1861-1882
- Covers cultural life and history during the 1800s.
- Includes many first-hand reports of the major events and issues of the day.
- Also includes biographies, essays and editorials, poetry and prose, and advertisements.
Dates of Coverage: 1/1/1827 through 12/31/1882
Frequency of Updates: closed set, not updated
Truncation Symbol: *
Concurrent Users: unlimited
Search this Database