- Provides articles, biographies, timelines, images, maps, primary sources, and more.
- The core content of this database is from the following sources:
- Africana, which covers the African and African American experience in five volumes;
- The Encyclopedia of African American History, 1619-1895, which documents the African American experience from the arrival of the black explorer, Esteban, who arrived with the Spanish in 1527, to the death of Frederick Douglass;
- A companion set, the Encyclopedia of African American History, 1896 to the Present, which covers African American history into the twenty-first century;
- The three-volume Black Women in America, Second Edition;
- The African American National Biography, which covers over 6,000 people.
Dates of Coverage: 1527 to present
Concurrent Users: unlimited
Other info: provides full text
Search this Database