Code of Conduct for UNCG University Libraries
Additional Code of Conduct Policies Related to Shield Our Spartans
- Face coverings are required.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations at the College Avenue and EUC Connector entrances.
- Please practice social distancing and keep a distance of six feet between others.
- Sanitary wipes are available at computer stations, please use them before use and after you are finished.
- No more than one person at a time in the Jackson Main elevator.
- No more than four people at a time in the Jackson Tower elevators.
- Please use directional arrows as appropriate for traffic flow.
- Please limit food inside of the library.
- No group gatherings. Group activities should be occurring virtually.
- Do not rearrange or move furniture.
The University Libraries welcome UNCG students, faculty and staff, and members of the community to use our buildings and resources. To ensure everyone’s safety and provide an environment conducive to research, learning and collaboration we ask that you abide by our Code of Conduct.
- The University Libraries follow The University of North Carolina at Greensboro’s Student Code of Conduct and The University Policy Manual.
- Food and drink are permitted with some restrictions. See the University Libraries Food and Drink Policy.
- Please turn off cell phone ringers and be considerate (use your "inside voice") when using cell phones.
- Please observe the quiet zones on tower floors 6-9. Cell phones should not be used in the quiet zones.
- Group study is encouraged in designated areas. Please remember to respect others with noise levels, conversation, use of space and resources.
- Only trained assistance or guide animals are allowed. The Libraries follow UNCG's policy on animals on campus.
- Please enjoy your skateboards, skates, and scooters outside.
- Bicycles should be stored on the racks outside.
- Please wear shirts and shoes.
- Please use headphones when using sound from computers or other devices.
- Children under the age of 13 should be accompanied by an adult. Exceptions will be made for children participating in school or University sponsored programs and activities. Please see the Libraries’ Underage Children Policy.
The following conduct is not permitted in the Libraries:
- Alcoholic beverages (except for Libraries’ sponsored events).
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes and vaping).
- Destruction of Libraries’ materials or property. This violates UNCG’s Academic Integrity Policy (III.A.3. Misuse of Academic Resources) and North Carolina General Statutes.
- Violating the Libraries'
Computer and Internet Access Policy.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior toward staff or patrons. UNCG defines disruptive behavior as speech or action which 1) is disrespectful, offensive, and/or threatening, 2) impedes or interferes with the learning activities of others, 3) impedes the delivery of university services, and/or 4) has a negative impact on any learning environment.
- Blocking of areas so that others can’t access materials or needed study space and resources.
- Bathing in the restrooms.
- Sleeping beyond a short study nap. The Libraries’ buildings are intended for learning and studying.