Harold Schiffman Music Library Student Employment
Working in the Harold Schiffman Music Library
Students in any academic major will find that working in the Harold Schiffman Music Library will provide them with skills, knowledge and experience that will be beneficial to them in future jobs and also with their studies. Future career options could include jobs in public service, libraries, or any office related position.
Location: Music Building, Room 211
Hourly Pay Rate: undergraduate $8.75; graduate: $9.50
Please use UNCG's Handshake to submit an application.
Additional information can be found at the UNCG Career Services Center.
Job Description / Duties
- Check out and check in library materials, equipment, and room keys.
- Answer library patrons' questions and assist them with their research using online library catalog, databases and other resources.
- Sorting, shelving, shelf reading and shifting library materials.
- Assist with inventory of scores, audio/visual, and various collections
- Ensure the library remains a clean, organized, and safe space for our patrons.
- Create social media content for library social media platforms.
- Answering patron questions related to the Music Building and associated events.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Opening and closing the Music Library, when appropriate.
Motivated team players with careful attention to detail, the ability to learn complex policies and procedures, who can adapt in an ever-changing environment and like to have fun are the people that we're looking for. Preference will be given to candidates with proven skills in the areas of public service, detail-oriented problem solving, computer technology and mechanical equipment; and a willingness to learn about HSML policies and procedures. Student Assistants will work closely with confidential and sensitive materials.
Harold Schiffman Music Library
Day Manager & Student Employment Coordinator
211 Music Building, 100 McIver Street
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170