Music Departmental and Work Study Job Description
Department: Harold Schiffman Music Library
Location: Music Building, Room 211
Hourly Pay Rate: undergraduate $8.75; graduate: $9.50
Please use UNCG's Handshake to submit your application
- Check out and check in library materials, equipment, and room keys.
- Answer library patrons' questions and assist them with their research using online library catalog, databases and other resources.
- Sorting, shelving, shelf reading and shifting library materials.
- Assist with inventory of scores, audio/visual, and various collections
- Ensure the library remains a clean, organized, and safe space for our patrons.
- Create social media content for library social media platforms.
- Answering patron questions related to the Music Building and associated events.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Opening and closing the Music Library, when appropriate.
Motivated team players with careful attention to detail, the ability to learn complex policies and procedures, who can adapt in an ever-changing environment and like to have fun are the people that we're looking for. Preference will be given to candidates with proven skills in the areas of public service, detail-oriented problem solving, computer technology and mechanical equipment; and a willingness to learn about HSML policies and procedures. Student Assistants will work closely with confidential and sensitive materials.
Harold Schiffman Music Library
Day Manager & Student Employment Coordinator
211 Music Building, 100 McIver Street
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170