The size of the campus increased dramatically when 112 additional acres were purchased for the price of $12,000.
Bathrooms with hot and cold water were installed in all buildings
Two expansion wings were added to Main (now Foust) Building.
The first infirmary building opened on the site of the current Faculty Center on College Avenue. It was later known as "Little Guilford," and had various functions before it was razed in 1947.
Annie Florence Petty, the first professionally trained librarian in North Carolina, was appointed the head of the library. Petty remained at this position for 25 years.