University Libraries Staff Service Award
The University Libraries Staff Service Award was established in 1997 upon the retirement of Martha Ransley, former Head of the Circulation Department, "To recognize and reward members of the SPA Library Staff who provide outstanding leadership and service in furthering the accomplishment of the mission of the Library to provide service to students, faculty, staff and members of the community which the University serves."
Award Winner Gift: The staff service award winner will receive a monetary award and have his/her name engraved in the University Libraries Staff Services Award plaque. The winner will also serve on the committee for at least 2 years. (Winners may ask to recuse themselves for a year if they wish to nominate someone else for the award.)
Eligibility: SPA staff member with 3 years or more employment in the University Libraries.
Selection Criteria Considerations:
- Commendable initiative and perseverance in their service within the Library (regardless of whether they work quietly work behind the scenes or in public services).
- Outstanding contributions within their Unit as well as to the whole Library.
- Show service beyond individual job responsibilities which embodies the spirit of this award for excellence.
- Competency, creativity, and diligence in carrying out daily responsibilities.
- Leadership and service on Library committees.
- Participation in Library projects.
- Assistance with the general work of the Library.
- Exemplifies qualities worthy of emulation; a positive attitude, a sense of humor, appreciation of people, and a commitment to service.
Nomination Procedure & Details:
- Any member of library’s permanent staff or faculty may nominate candidates, except those currently serving on the committee.
- No self nominations will be considered.
- All nominations are considered.
- An award recipient is not eligible again for 5 years after receipt of the original award.
- Members of the Award Committee are not eligible for the award and must abstain for voting when it involves a person from their own Department.
- All nominations are kept confidential.
Nomination form due by 5:00 PM on April 29, 2016
Please submit form electronically to Cheryl Cross.
Download Nomination Form (MS Word)
Library Staff Service Award Winners
- Kathelene McCarty Smith, 2016
- Ann Perdue, 2015
- Katherine Nunnally, 2014
- Susan Hendrickson, 2013
- Cheryl Cross, 2012
- Cindy Zaruba, 2011
- Stacey Krim, 2010
- Susan Farr, 2009
- Cindy Slater, 2008
- Audrey Sage, 2007
- Clara Kelly, 2006
- Bob Clair, 2005
- Sue Brusnahan, 2004
- Teresa Allen, 2003
- Patricia Black, 2002
- Jimmy Thompson, 2001
- Betty Carter, 2000
- John Overly, 1999
- Modgie Jeffers, 1998