Textiles, Teachers, and Troops

GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA 1880-1945

Search all collections for items

216 records found searching with the source Greensboro Pictorials.

[Pomona Terra Cotta Company]

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

Exterior view of the Pomona Terra Cotta Company, located on what is now Spring Garden Street in the former town of Pomona.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


[Post office]

Isaacs, I.J.

1903

Exterior view of the Greensboro Post Office, located at South Elm Street at East Market Street in Greensboro. From the1939 through 1974, the post office site housed Belk's department store.

Image taken from "Progressive Greensboro: The Gate City of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


[Public Service Company]

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

Exterior view of the Public Service Company facility, located at 200 South Elm Street in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the R.G. Fortune dry goods company, located at 320 South Elm Street in Greensboro.

Image taken from "Progressive Greensboro: The Gate City of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


[Richardson Drug Co.]

Isaacs, I.J.

1903

Exterior view of the Richardson Drug Co. warehouse, located at Davie Street at Depot Street (now East McGee Street) in Greensboro. Richardson Drug, founded by Lundford Richardson, inventor of Vick's VapoRub, later became known as Richardson-Vick's, Inc. and is now part of Procter & Gamble.

Image taken from "Progressive Greensboro: The Gate City of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the Southern Life and Trust Company building, located at 110-112 East Market Street in Greensboro.

Image taken from "Commercial history of the State of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the Southern Loan and Trust Company, located at 110-112 East Market Street in Greensboro.

Image taken from "Progressive Greensboro: The Gate City of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


A view of the State Agricultural and Mechanical College for the Colored Race. Image taken from "Southward the sun of progress shines"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


[Three churches in Greensboro]

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

#REF!

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Two views of the southern part of Elm Street in Greensboro, one looking south from the railroad tracks and one looking north from Lewis Street.

Image taken from "Southward the sun of progress shines"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


[Vick Chemical Co.]

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

Exterior view of the Vick Chemical plant, located at Milton Avenue at Florida Avenue (now Florida Street) in Greensboro. Richardson Drug, founded by Lundford Richardson, inventor of Vick's VapoRub, later became known as Richardson-Vick's, Inc. and is now part of Procter & Gamble.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the two public graded schools designated for white children in Greensboro, one on on Lindsay Street and the other on Asheboro Street (now Martlin Luther King J. Drive).

Image taken from "Southward the sun of progress shines"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


View of the campus of the Agricultural and Mechanical College for the Colored Race (now North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University), located at 1601 East Market Street in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Album of Greensboro N.C.

Greensboro Chamber of Commerce

1892

Primarily documents the businesses (manufacturers, banks, merchants, tobacco warehouses), cultural institutions (colleges, churches) and transportation agencies in Greensboro in 1892. Includes numerous photographs of local businesses and street scenes.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


American Commission Company

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

Exterior view of the American Commission Co. offices, located at 305-307 South Davie Street in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the American Excgange Bank, located at 110 East Market Street in Greensboro.

Image taken from "Commercial history of the State of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


American Motor Company garage

The Daily Record

1910

Exterior view of the American Motor Company garage, located at 117 East Market Street in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Art work of Greensboro, N.C.

Gravure Illustration Company

1904

Photographs with captions and minimal text. Primarily documents residential and institutional structures in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: North Carolina State Normal and Industrial College -- Pictorial works; Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works; Greensboro (N.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc; Greensboro (N.C.) -- History; Greensboro (N.C.) -- Description and travel; Buildings; Travel North Carolina -- Greensboro.


Art work of Piedmont section of North Carolina

Gravure Illustration Company

1924

Photographs with captions and minimal text. Primarily documents residential and institutional structures in the Piedmont area, including Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, and surrounding towns.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Piedmont Region (N.C.) -- Pictorial works; Buildings -- North Carolina; Buildings -- North Carolina -- Piedmont Region; Architecture -- Piedmont Region (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Asheboro Street Friends Church

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

Exterior view of the Asheboro Street Friends Church, located at Asheboro Street (now MLK) at Lee Street (now East Gate City Boulevard) in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the Asheboro Street Graded School, located at Asheboro Street (now MLK) near Bragg Street in Greensboro.

Image taken from "Progressive Greensboro: The Gate City of North Carolina"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Exterior view of the Aycock School, located at 811 Cypress Street in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Banner Building -- Dr. C.W. Banner, owner

Weaver, C.E.;Davenport, R.K.

1917

Exterior view of the Banner Building, located at 119 North Elm Street in Greensboro.

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Benbow House and Elm Street, looking south

Greensboro Chamber of Commerce

1892

Exterior view of the Benbow House hotel, located at 122 South Elm Street in Greensboro. The hotel opened in 1871 and burned down in 1899. It was rebuilt as the Guilford Hotel on the same site after the fire. In approximately 1930, the Guilford Hotel was replaced by the F.W. Woolworth store where the first "sit-ins" of the civil rights movement occurred in 1960. That building is now home to the International Civil Rights Center and Museum.

Image taken from "Album of Greensboro N.C." (1892).

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Bennett College

1904-1905

Exterior view of Bennett College, located at 936 East Washington Street in Greensboro.

Image taken from "Southward the sun of progress shines"

Collection: Greensboro Pictorials Collection (Greensboro History Museum)

Subjects: Greensboro (N.C.) -- Pictorial works


Previous - listing page 2 of 9 - Next

Project partners:

university of north carolina logo bennett college logo greensboro college logo greensboro history museum logo greensboro public library logo guilford college logo north carolina a and t state university logo