Public Services Mission Statement and Goals
Public Services at the University Libraries includes Access and Delivery Services, Research, Outreach, and Instruction and the Harold Schiffman Music Library along with the Associate Dean for Public Services.
Customer Service Values of the University Libraries
Public services provides the environment, expertise and systems to advance and support learning, knowledge-seeking and research to the University community and North Carolina citizens.
- Provide up-to-date learning spaces, technology and equipment.
- Provide expert and friendly assistance to all Libraries users.
- Develop marketing and publicity programs to ensure that the UNCG community is aware of Libraries’ resources and services.
- Assess services and programs in order to plan and make decisions based on evidence.
- Collaborate and communicate with all Libraries’ units to ensure that resources and services are accessible to users.
- Connect with UNCG student, academic and administrative units to integrate the Libraries with the curriculum and student life.
- Provide support, resources and training for all Public Services staff.