Opened in 1927
More images of UNCG Auditorium
UNCG Auditorium, designed by Harry Barton, of Greensboro, North Carolina, was opened in 1927. On June 4, 1928, the building was named in honor of North Carolina Governor Charles B. Aycock. Since its opening, the auditorium has been used for commencement programs, chapel programs, lectures, and concerts. In 2006, the University made extensive renovations to the building, including updating and improving acoustics, enlarging the orchestra pit, building new dressing rooms, and adding handicap accessibility to the entire building. Aycock Auditorium reopened in 2008. On February 18, 2016, the UNCG Board of Trustees voted to remove Aycock's name from the building.
Previously Known As...
- Auditorium (1927-1928)
- Aycock Auditorium (1928-2016)