Mission Statement and Goals
The Technical Services Department of the University Libraries acquires and provides accurate and timely access to quality informational resources in a variety of formats that support and enhance the educational and research needs of our students, faculty and staff. Its members work collaboratively within and beyond the University Libraries to understand and meet the needs of users and to support educational and training efforts related to access, discovery, scholarly communications, and related initiatives.
In order to fulfill the stated mission, the Technical Services Department will:
- Effectively manage and administer the collection funds in a responsible and cost effective manner,
- Collaborate with the UNC Greensboro community to keep our collection relevant,
- Maintain open communication and efficient working relationships with our vendors in handling the purchase or subscription of materials,
- Organize and maintain accurate library holdings that facilitate efficient retrieval to meet users’ needs,
- Collect, preserve, and share UNCG scholarship via NC DOCKS, UNC Greensboro's institutional repository,
- Contribute new and enhanced/upgraded records to the OCLC database.