Friends of the UNCG Libraries Officers and Board Members
Officers and Board Members, 2017-2018
- Ms. Jennifer Koenig
- Ms. Elizabeth Hudson
- Dr. Martin Halbert, Dean of University Libraries
- Vice Chancellor for Business Affairr designee
- Vice Chancellor for University Advancement designee
- Dr. Karlene Jennings, Executive Director of Development, University Libraries
- Ms. Hollie Stevenson-Parrish, Director of Communications and Marketing, University Libraries
- Recording Secretary:
- Ms. Jennifer Hohn, Executive Assistant, University Libraries
- Student Representative:
- As appointed each year
Board of Directors
|Ms. Betty J. Brown
Mr. Jud B. Franklin
Dr. Bob Hansen
Ms. Glenda Schillinger
Ms. Mary Ellen Shiflett
Ms. Joyce Traver
|Dr. Kate Barrett|
Mrs. Carolyne Burgman
Dr. Robert E. Gatten, Jr.
Mrs. Carolyn Green
Mrs. Miriam Herin
Mrs. Leigh Seager
Dr. Lollie White
|Ms. Janet Harper Gordon|
Mr. Clint Jackson, IV
Ms. Terri Jackson
Ms. Catherine Magid
Dr. Karl Schleunes
Mrs. Patricia Sevier
Mr. Hermann Trojanowski
Friends of the UNCG Libraries Bylaws
Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members
The University Libraries are mainly financially supported through state of North Carolina appropriations. However, there is a great need for funding beyond the state allocation. State appropriations are now declining after remaining fairly static over the years, while all of our needs continue to grow. Building upon the excellence of our state institution requires funding from sources beyond the state, and that is why the Friends of the UNCG Libraries are so important. The Friends of the UNCG Libraries provides an additional source of revenue for us to build our collections, host author presentations and receptions and further the visibility of the University Libraries on campus and in the Triad community.
- Serve as the public presence of the library administration and as an informed advocate for the goals and objectives of the Friend of the UNCG Libraries and the UNCG University Libraries, and help identify, cultivate and solicit prospects for gifts to support the Friends of the UNCG Libraries' financial goals and objectives, consistent with the Libraries' and University's missions.
- Make attendance at meetings of the full Board of Directors and its committees on which you serve a priority. The full Board of Directors meets three-four times a year. The term for a board member is three years, and board members are asked to maintain an active membership in the Friends of the UNCG Libraries during their tenure. Board members are asked to serve on one or more of the six Board committees: Executive, Programming, Fundraising, Membership Development, Book Discussion Group, and Marketing.
- Make a generous commitment of your time, energy and leadership to the fundraising and programmatic activities of the Friends of the UNCG Libraries Board.
- Give an annual gift to the University Libraries according to your personal means, and consider making major gifts to the University Libraries according to your ability.
- Be informed about the University Libraries, its services, its opportunities, its strengths and its weaknesses.
- Advise the Dean of University Libraries about strategies to increase the visibility of the University Libraries.
Approved, Friends of the UNCG Libraries Board of Directors, April 30, 2007;
Revised September 15, 2011