Jackson Library Nursing Mother's Room
The Jackson Library lactation room, also known as the mommy room, is located in Jackson Library, Tower room 570. Students, employees and visitors who are seeking a private place to pump or to breastfeed may request the key at the Checkout desk. Jackson Library operating hours vary, and at times library access is limited to UNCG students and employees.
The room features the following:
- Hospital grade Medela Symphony breast pump. Users must supply their own Symphony pump kit (kits for Medela home pumps such as the Pump in Style are not compatible with hospital-grade pumps).
- Gliding rocker and ottoman
- Baby wipes, hand sanitizer, and paper towels
- Located near a women's restroom (no sink in the room itself)
- Wireless Internet access
Breastfeeding mothers are also welcome to bring their own pump or their baby (if they prefer to breastfeed in a private room). Room use is limited to 60 minutes. There is no reservation system at this time. Mothers need to make their own arrangements for storing milk, such as an insulated lunch bag with ice pack, and for cleaning and sterilizing their pump parts. Before visiting the room for the first time, new or expecting mothers are urged to contact one of the following members of the Breastfeeding Promotion Committee for more information:
- Lea Leininger, Health Sciences Librarian
- Ann Perdue, Jackson Library Stacks and Remote Storage Manager
There are other nursing mother's rooms on the main UNCG campus:
- Bryan Nursing Mother's Room, Room 344G - Private permanent room. No reservation system, unmediated access (show up, lock the door behind you). Contact Paige Hall Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and Human Performance Nursing Mother's Room, Room 126 Center for Women's Health and Wellness - Flex space (a private, safe, and clean space can be provided upon request). Contact Paige Hall Smith at email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the Breastfeeding Friendly UNCG site.