Jackson Library Lactation Room
Jackson Library Tower Room 570 is a private space for students, employees, and visitors to pump or to breastfeed or chestfeed a baby. (Note: parents or caretakers may also breastfeed or chestfeed babies in other areas of Jackson Library if they choose.)
Request the key at the Checkout Desk. Jackson Library operating hours vary, and at times library access is limited to UNCG students and employees.
The room features the following:
- Hospital grade Medela Symphony pump. Users must supply their own Symphony pump kit (kits for Medela home pumps such as the Pump in Style are not compatible with hospital-grade pumps).
- Gliding rocker and ottoman
- Baby wipes, hand sanitizer, and paper towels
- Located near a restroom (no sink in the room itself)
- Wireless Internet access
Room use is limited to 60 minutes. There is no reservation system at this time. Room users need to make their own arrangements for storing milk, such as an insulated lunch bag with ice pack, and for cleaning and sterilizing their pump parts. Before visiting the room for the first time, new or expecting parents are advised to contact one of the following employees for information:
- Lea Leininger, Health Sciences Librarian
- Ann Perdue, Jackson Library Stacks and Remote Storage Manager
There are other lactation rooms on the main UNCG campus:
- Bryan School Room 344G - Private permanent room. No reservation system, unmediated access (show up, lock the door behind you). Contact Jacqueline Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and Human Performance Room 126 Center for Women's Health and Wellness - Flex space (a private, safe, and clean space can be provided upon request). Contact Paige Hall Smith at email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the Breastfeeding Friendly UNCG site.