Get a Tour or Instruction
The Digital Media Commons provides space, technology, and expertise to faculty, staff, and students who are creating multimedia assignments. We provide group and individual instruction on using digital technology, based on our patrons' needs. Interested in a tour or help with a class?
Please fill out this form and we will get right back to you. Here are several examples of the services we provide:
Workshops we offer:
- Pre-test of technical, digital literacy experience & skills -
- The DMC offers a short survey instructors can send to their students to evaluate their skills and experience before working with the DMC. This survey should be sent and filled out prior to any DMC orientation or hands-on session. (10 min, prior to DMC session)
- Tour / Overview-
- Introduction to the DMC and the tools and services we provide, usually with a scavenger hunt orientation tour followed by quick review and Q/A. (15 min, in DMC)
- Can also add a short overview presentation with examples of possible projects and software, if project option for students is very open, general or undetermined by instructor yet (5 min, in DMC)
- Can also add small group facilitated sessions for student to discuss ideas for their projects (10 minutes, in DMC)
- Video creation –
- Pre-production steps presentation - including planning your video, filming considerations, creative commons and copyright overview. (15 min, in DMC or your classroom)
- Post production presentation - usually a hands-on in a computer lab, review Movie Maker software basics and have hands-on time to play and/or edit if students have film footage. (30 min, in computer lab)
- Audio –
- Assistance with digital storytelling, interviewing, and voice-over narration which are audio only, using the software Audacity. Session can be an demo in a classroom or DMC, or a hands-on session either at open computers in the DMC or in a computer lab (10 min for demo - 20min for hands-on).
- Basic Web sites –
- Instruction and assistance creating web objects either for a basic website using Google Sites, or an eportfolio style website/blog using Wordpress.com, either demo only or hands-on student creation time. (15-30 minutes, in computer lab).
- Presentations –
- Assistance producing PowerPoints and Prezi presentations through hands-on session with students (20-30 minutes, in computer lab).
- Text/ Image (Infographics, poster, flyer, etc)
- Assistance producing infographics (either through infographic free software OR using Photoshop), posters, or flyers/brochures through hands-on session with students (20-30 minutes, in computer lab)
Interested in a tour or help with a class?
Please fill out this form and we will get right back to you.