Remote Storage Service Policy
To provide shelf space for new acquisitions
of books and bound journals in Jackson Library, seldom used titles were transfered to a remote storage facility on campus. Access Services staff will retrieve titles from storage upon request in compliance with the service policies below.
- The storage facility operates Monday through Friday. It is closed on weekends.
- The storage facility is not intended to be a public area. Only Library personnel have access to the facility.
- Requests for material received on weekdays before 1:00 PM will be available for pickup at the Jackson Library Checkout Desk at 5:00 PM that day. Requests received on weekdays after 1:00 PM will be available for pickup on the next weekday at 5:00 PM. Requests received on the weekend will be available for pickup on Monday at 5:00 PM.
- Unless otherwise requested, retrieved materials will be held at the Checkout Desk in Jackson Library for 7 days after which unclaimed material will then be returned to the storage facility.
- UNCG students, faculty, and staff and Friends of the UNCG Libraries may place requests online using the request link provided on the item record. Requests placed online may not be retrieved until the next day. Requests may be placed at the Checkout Desk by all patrons.
- Please limit journal requests to no more than five volumes at a time.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.