Remote Storage Service Policy
Jackson Library maintains an off-site storage facility for lesser used materials. Materials in the facility have a location in our catalog of "Storage...Ask at Check Out Desk" and will display a Request Item button, use of which requires that the library user be a UNCG student/faculty/staff, or Community Borrower, and have set up their My Library Account. Others may call or email the Check Out Desk to place Storage requests.
Materials are retrieved from storage upon request in compliance with the service policies below.
- The storage facility is not a public area. Only Libraries' personnel have access to it.
- Requests for most materials are retrieved on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Government Documents are retrieved Mondays – Thursdays. Requests received between retrieval days will be retrieved after 1 p.m. on the next scheduled retrieval day and will be made available by 5 p.m. that day.
- Unless otherwise requested, retrieved materials will be held for 14 days, after which they will be returned to the storage facility.
- Please limit requests to no more than 5 print volumes or microfilm reels per retrieval day. Requests may be retrieved over multiple days when the total patron request volume is significant. Library users will be contacted if this situation occurs.
- When items are available for pick up, library users will receive instructions via email. UNCG students, faculty and staff will receive notifications via iSpartan Email. If no email is on file, library users will be notified by telephone.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.