The Library has three ways of acquiring books and other materials:
- by ordering them individually (a process we usually refer to as "firm ordering")
- by subscription or standing order
- by means of approval plans
For details about the different plans, click on the appropriate link below. If you can't find the information you need here, please don't hesitate to contact Michelle Courtney (Receiving and Invoice Technician) or Christine Fischer (Head of Technical Services).
Jackson Library uses YBP as its primary vendor. We also have an approval plan with Theodore Front covering printed music.
Music Plan (Theodore Front)
The Library automatically receives one copy of each new title published by the following university, institutional, and commercial presses.
- Algonquin Press of Chapel Hill
- American Library Association
- Dramatists Play Service
- Free Press
- Harvard Business Review Press
- Janus Press
- Nick Hern
- North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources
- Oberon Books
- Sagamore Publishing
- Samuel French
- Theatre Communications
- University of North Carolina Press
- Venture Publishing
Children's Book Awards
The Library automatically receives one copy of each book granted the following awards and honorable mentions. There is no duplication of books receiving more than one award.