Digital Reproduction Services
The Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives offers “single-image scanning” for research, publication, and broadcast. Staff will create digital image files of unrestricted materials in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- Researchers will complete and sign a Reproduction Request Form.
- Items selected for duplication must be properly identified by the researcher prior to scanning.
- Scans will be delivered as unenhanced, unaltered JPEG files scanned in color at 100% at a resolution of 300 dpi.
- For long-distance requests (email/phone), staff will provide a cost estimate of the shipping charges.
- All payments must be in USD (United States dollar). Cash and paper check payments may be made in person at the department. For long-distance requests, checks can be made payable to Jackson Library and should be drawn on a US-based bank. Special Collections and University Archives do not accept credit cards. Once the payment is received by staff, a CD will be mailed to the patron.
- For long-distance requests, shipping charges will be determined by the weight of the materials mailed and the intended destination.
- Digital images may only be used for personal reference and research.
- Copies may not be added to the holdings of another library or repository.
- Turn-around time is dependent upon the complexity of the order. It is extremely important for the researcher to discuss the time-line for reproduction orders with Hodges staff if a deadline is involved.
- Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collection and University Archives does not offer rush services, but always handles requests in the order in which they were received.
- Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives reserves the right to refuse or to limit a duplication request at staff’s discretion.