The former Chancellor's Residence, built in 1923, was moved almost three blocks west on Spring Garden Street from its original location near Elliott University Center.
Elliott University Center re-opened after an extensive, two-year renovation.
The Oakland Avenue Parking Deck opened.
The new Science Building, located on McIver Street, opened. In April, 2008 the building was named for Chancellor Patricia A. Sullivan. McIver Street was closed to automobile traffic between Walker Avenue and Carr Street, and was re-designed as a pedestrian mall.
The Class of 1953 donated a bronze sculpture of Minerva to the University. The statue was created by sculptor Jim Barnhill, a 1982 graduate of the Masters of Fine Art program at UNCG.