The Friends of the Library was organized, and Martha Blakeney Hodges, a member of the Class of 1918, was elected to be the organization's first president.
For the first time enrollment at the College was over 2,500 with 2,641 students enrolled for the 1959/60 school year.
Herman Middleton took students on a USO-sponsored tour to entertain American servicemen and women overseas. Subsequent tours were taken in 1962 and 1966.
Resident seniors were allowed to have cars on campus for the first time, with required parking permits costing 50¢.
Chinqua-Penn Plantation near Reidsville, North Carolina was given to the Consolidated University by Mrs. Betsy Penn. Operation of the mansion was delegated to Woman's College.