Rosenthal Gymnasium opened. It was named in 1928 for Jonathan "Joe" Rosenthal, member of the Board of Directors from 1910 to 1927. In 1989, the building was integrated as part of the Health and Human Performance complex.
The first Music Building (now Brown Building) opened. It was named in 1960 for Wade R. Brown, head (later Dean) of the School of Music from 1912 to 1936.