The President's House (Chancellor's Residence) on Spring Garden Street opened.
Coit Residence Hall opened. In the 1938/39 academic year it was named for Laura Hill Coit, a member of the Class of 1896.
Jamison Residence Hall opened. In the 1938/39 academic year it was named for Minnie Lou Jamison; a member of the Domestic Science Department faculty and a graduate of the Class of 1896.
The Alethian Literary Society was founded. The society was named for Aletheia (Veritas), the Greek goddess of truth.
For the first time, over 100 degrees were awarded with 124 students graduating.
December 8 - The College was host to the first soccer exhibition to be held in the South.
The College purchased 250 acres on Friendly Road in Guilford County for $20,000 for the relocation of the College Farm.