The Home Management House at 320 McIver Street opened during the 1922/23 academic year. The house served as a laboratory for home economics majors, who would maintain it for six-week periods.
Bailey Residence Hall opened and was named for Thomas Bailey, member of the Board of Directors from 1903 to 1916.
Cotten Residence Hall opened and was named for Sallie Southall Cotten, an advocate of woman's rights.
Hinshaw Residence Hall opened and was named for George W. Hinshaw, a member of the Board of Directors from 1910 to 1918.
Clara Booth Byrd, a member of the Class of 1913, was appointed Alumnae Secretary. She held this position until 1947.
The first master's degree was awarded to May Minerva Meador, a member of the Class of 1917.
For the first time, enrollment exceeded 1,000 when 1,285 students enrolled for the 1922/23 school year.
The Yum Yum ice cream parlor opened on the corner of Spring Garden Street and Forest Street.
A 50 x 90 foot outdoor gymnasium was built on West Drive near the current tennis courts behind Rosenthal Gymnasium.