West Dining Hall, a wing of the current Spencer dining hall complex, opened.
Gray Residence Hall opened. In 1922, it was named for Robert Terelius Gray, part owner of the ten acres of land donated for the original campus and a member of the Board of Directors from 1901 to 1912.
The School of Music and School of Education were formed.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools accredited the institution as a standard college.
The Extension Division was created, and Librarian Charles B. Shaw was appointed the first Director of Extension.