Kirkland Hall opened and was named for Sue May Kirkland, who held the title of "Lady Principal" from 1892 to 1914. She was regarded as, "referee in matters social and domestic," and her table in the dining hall was always set with her own silver service. The building was eventually demolished along with Woman's Hall in 1964.
In the fall of 1914, the Student Government Association (SGA) was organized with two divisions: executive, and legislative.
The first male student to attend the College, Robert B. Harris, enrolled in the Summer Institute. While the male students would attend periodically in the early decades of the College, it did not officially become co-educational until 1963.
The College established its first Home Management house on Lithia (now Tate) Street.
The ninth grade was added to Curry School.