ROI Mission Statement and Goals
The Research, Outreach, and Instruction Department
of Jackson Library supports the University and Library missions by providing excellent research
and instructional services to all Library users.
Services and Collections:
- Provide expert reference and information service to all library users regardless of location.
- Provide an inviting and welcoming environment for learning and research.
- Provide leadership in developing increasingly effective reference collections in all formats to guide patrons through a variety of research processes.
- Provide leadership in Library-related activities by serving as liaisons.
- Develop the Libraries' collection
to support the teaching and research needs of the University.
- Provide instruction in the retrieval and use of information resources to groups and individuals.
- Take initiative to target classes/groups for instruction.
- Develop techniques and modes of instruction delivery taking into account
different learning styles, location of users, and current technologies.
Organizational Climate and Culture:
- Treat all patrons with respect and courtesy
- Treat all colleagues with respect, encouragement, and a supportive attitude.
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues to fulfill Library goals
- Constantly seek to expand professional knowledge and expertise