- Statistics and Data
- Documentation and Help
Services & Resources Provided
- Individual consultations to identify numeric data sources (by appointment). Please contact Lynda Kellam to make an appointment.
- Access to the Inter-university Consortium on Political and Social Research (ICPSR). The Data Services Librarian is the Official Representative and can provide support and training in ICPSR's products.
- Access to a collection of data sets available on CD-ROM and DVD from the U.S. government and commercial vendors. Most commercial vendor CD-ROMs and DVDs will be kept in the Data Services Librarian's office. Ask at the Reference Desk for assistance.
- Access to two workstations with SAS and SPSS as well as scanning services for print sources (by appointment). Please contact Lynda Kellam to make an appointment.
- Classroom instruction on locating data and on data resources available at UNCG and on the Web.
General Collection Policies
- The Data Services Librarian will assist users in acquiring freely available data in conjunction with the library liaison.
- The Data Services Librarian will attempt to purchase data sets for UNCG researchers dependent upon funding and the Library's ability to comply with license and use restrictions. We are in the process of creating guidelines for the purchase of data sets.
- Methodological questions or data analysis and interpretation are beyond the scope of the Library's Data Services. We can provide limited assistance in the use of SAS and SPSS. We do not support Stata or other statistical software packages at this time.
- The Library does not currently support GIS software or data. We will provide assistance with referrals as appropriate.
- Full Collection Development Policy (PDF)