Harold Schiffman Music Library Mission Statement and Goals
The Harold Schiffman Music Library exists to support the educational, research and service goals of the College of Visual and Performing Arts and the University Libraries by providing music resources, information, and services required by students, faculty, staff and community members. These services include music reference, instruction, and the acquisition and provision of materials and information in person, by phone, email and chat.
- Serve as a link between the College of Visual and Performing Arts and University Libraries.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful contact point for all Harold Schiffman Music Library users.
- Provide top quality, timely customer service while assisting Harold Schiffman Music Library users with research, information retrieval, locating, borrowing, requesting and returning materials.
- Provide Harold Schiffman Music Library users with a safe, inviting space for research, reflection and collaboration.
- Offer instruction for individuals and classes on effective discovery and use of music information in all formats.
- Work with music faculty to deliver quality course reserve materials.
- Develop and maintain the Harold Schiffman Music Library collections.
- Provide timely processing of UNCG Recital Recordings and end processing of audio-visual materials.