Mission Statement and Goals
The Acquisitions Department of the University Libraries works to acquire quality informational resources in a variety of formats which will support and enhance the educational and research needs of our students, faculty and staff.
In order to fulfill the stated mission, the Acquisitions Department will:
- Effectively manage and administer the collection funds in a responsible and cost effective manner.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics for needed administrative reports and for documenting financial accountability.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with University faculty, staff, and students in keeping our collection relevant and up-to-date.
- Develop open communication and efficient working relationships with our vendors in handling the purchase, lease, or subscription of materials.
- Collaborate with the departments within the University Libraries in serving the UNCG community.
- Pursue opportunities for professional staff training and development for Acquisitions staff.
- Adopt new technologies that will enhance workflow and provide greater service to University patrons.
- Evaluate procedures and policies to improve efficiency in the acquisition and processing of resources, including gift materials.