Mission Statement and Goals - Technical Services Department
The Technical Services Department of the University Libraries acquires and provides accurate and timely access to quality informational resources in a variety of formats that support and enhance the educational and research needs of our students, faculty and staff.
In order to fulfill the stated mission, the Technical Services Department will:
- Effectively manage and administer the collection funds in a responsible and cost effective manner,
- Collaborate with the UNC Greensboro community to keep our collection relevant,
- Maintain open communication and efficient working relationships with our vendors in handling the purchase or subscription of materials,
- Organize and maintain accurate library holdings that facilitate efficient retrieval to meet users’ needs,
- Collect, preserve, and share UNCG scholarship via NC DOCKS, UNC Greensboro's institutional repository,
- Contribute new and enhanced/upgraded records to the OCLC database.