Catherine G. Katopes (1912-1979) served in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps and the Women's Army Corps from 1942 to late 1945.
Catherine G. Katopes joined the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps and was sent to basic training at Fort Des Moines, Iowa, in September 1942. In early 1943 she was transferred to Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, where she worked in the Public Relations Office. In January 1944 she was transferred to Kennedy General Hospital in Memphis. Following her discharge in late 1945, Katopes returned to Syracuse, New York, where she worked for the Jesuit Order.