/

Porter Drug Store

The sign on this building reads: "In this store O. Henry (William Sidney Porter) 1862-1910 was employed by [his] uncle as a drug clerk for five years. Here he was loved by old and young, white and black, rich and poor." The current building was constructed in the late 1920s and is located at 121 South Elm Street.


From Greensboro Historical Museum