/

Original O. Henry Hotel

The original O. Henry Hotel was built in downtown Greensboro in 1919 at the southwest corner of Bellemeade and North Elm Streets. The hotel was built as a community project through local stock subscriptions and was the city's first modern hotel. Initially a booming success, business gradually declined, and the hotel was closed in the 1960s. The building was demolished in 1979.


From Greensboro Historical Museum