Award for a work of non-fiction presented yearly by the North Carolina Literary and Historical Association from 1931-2002. Succeeded by the Ragan Old North State Award
- More information may be found here.
Recipients of the Mayflower Award
- Civilities and Civil Rights (1980), by Chafe, William Henry
- Closing (1999), by Davidson, Cathy Notari
- Closing (1999), by Bamberger, Bill
- Free Men, The (1965), by Ehle, Jr., John Marsden
- Guide to the Historic Architecture of Eastern North Carolina, A (1996), by Bishir, Catherine W.
- Guide to the Historic Architecture of Eastern North Carolina, A (1996), by Southern, Michael T.
- Hatterasman, The (1958), by MacNeill, Ben Dixon
- History of the Public Schools in North Carolina, A (1930), by Noble, Jr., Marcus Cicero Stephens
- Keeper of the Moon (1991), by McLaurin, Tim
- Many Excellent People (1985), by Escott, Paul David
- Miracle in the Hills (1953), by Blythe, William LeGette
- Miracle in the Hills (1953), by Sloop, Mary T. Martin
- Moravian Potters of North Carolina, The (1972), by Bivins, Jr., John
- North Carolina: The History of a Southern State (1954), by Lefler, Hugh Talmage
- North Carolina: The History of a Southern State (1954), by Newsome, Albert Ray
- North Carolina Through Four Centuries (1989), by Powell, William Stevens
- North Carolina Women (1999), by Wilson, Emily Herring
- North Carolina Women (1999), by Smith, Margaret Supplee
- Purslane (1939), by Harris, Bernice Kelly
- Road to Salem, The (1944), by Fries, Adelaide Lisetta
- Schooling the New South (1999), by Leloudis, James L.
- Southerner Discovers the South, A (1938), by Daniels, Jonathan Worth
- Thomas Wolfe and His Family (1961), by Blythe, William LeGette
- Turners & Burners (1986), by Zug III, Charles G.
- Waterman's Song, The (2001), by Cecelski, David S.
- William Friday (1995), by Link, William A.
- William Woods Holden (1987), by Harris, William Charles
- Wilson Era, The (1944), by Daniels, Josephus
- Woman Who Rang the Bell: The Story of Cornelia Spencer Phillips, The (1949), by Russell, Charles Phillips