These awards are given to encourage the writing and publication of the history of a North Carolina county, institution or individual. This category is open to all who are writing about NC. The writer need not be a resident of the State of NC.
- More information may be found here.
Recipients of the Willie Parker Peace History Book Award
- Bob Garner's Book of Barbecue (2012), by Garner, Bob
- Boy Colonel of the Confederacy (1985), by Davis, Archie Kimbrough
- Carteret County (1999), by Salsi, Lynn
- Carteret County (1999), by Eubanks, Frances
- June Bug on a String (2011), by Conley, Eddie
- Look up Asheville (2010), by Hope-Gill, Laura
- Miss Mary's Money (2014), by Jones, Houston Gwynne
- Miss Mary's Money (2014), by Southern, David W.
- Old Rutherfordton (2006), by Lattimore, Robin Spencer
- One Town, Many Voices (2012), by Blodgett, Jan
- One Town, Many Voices (2012), by Levering, Ralph Brooks
- Paradise Lost (2012), by White, III, James Edward
- They Married Confederate Officers (1997), by Herran, Jean Katherine Neill
- Topsail Island: Mayberry by the Sea (2006), by McAllister, Ray
- Touring the Western North Carolina Backroads (1990), by Sakowski, Carolyn
- Vintage Outer Banks (2008), by Downing, Sarah
- Waynesville (2010), by Beadle, Michael
- Waynesville (2010), by Yurko, Peter
- Wheels and Moonshine: The Stories and Adventures of Claude B. Minton (2014), by Griffith, Gretchen