This award is given by the North Caroliniana Society and was established in 2003 to recognize a North Carolina book. Uniquely, it is chosen by a committee's independent research and not by author/publisher submissions.
- More information may be found here.
Recipients of the North Caroliniana Book Award
- Blood Done Sign My Name (2004), by Tyson, Timothy B.
- Bluecoats and Tar Heels (2009), by Bradley, Mark L.
- Encyclopedia of North Carolina, The (2006), by Powell, William Stevens
- Fire of Freedom, The (2012), by Cecelski, David S.
- Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina, A (2009), by Bishir, Catherine W.
- Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina, A (2009), by Southern, Michael T.
- Moments of Despair (2011), by Silkenat, David
- Senator Sam Ervin, Last of the Founding Fathers (2007), by Campbell, Karl Edward
- To Right These Wrongs (2010), by Leloudis, James L.
- To Right These Wrongs (2010), by Korstad, Robert
- War Governor of the South (2005), by Mobley, Joe A.
- Without Precedent (2008), by Hayes, Anna Ragland