- Provides over 40,000 poems by more than 200 American poets between 1600 to 1900.
- Based on the Bibliography of American Literature (Yale University Press, 1955-1991), but extensively supplemented with additional poets to provide a more thorough representation.
- First editions used whenever possible; later editions were selected if they were more inclusive.
- Where poems appeared in their original dialect in an earlier edition and standardized in a later edition, both forms have been included for comparison purposes.
- Poems originally published in periodicals have also been included.
Dates of Coverage: 1600-1900
Truncation Symbol: *
Concurrent Users: unlimited
Other info: always proxy off-campus, NC Live, provides full text
Provided by NC Live
Search this Database