- Provides nearly 3,000 poems by African-American poets of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Based upon the bibliography of William French et al., Afro-American Poetry and Drama, 1760-1975: A Guide to Information Sources (Gale Research, 1979).
- First editions used whenever possible; later editions were selected if they were more inclusive.
- Where poems appeared in their original dialect in an earlier edition and standardized in a later edition, both forms have been included for comparison purposes.
- Poems originally published in periodicals have also been included.
Dates of Coverage: 1750-1900
Frequency of Updates: closed set, not updated
Truncation Symbol: *
Concurrent Users: unlimited
Provided by NC Live
Search this Database