Requesting Library Materials: Pull and Pick Service
Is there an item in Jackson Library with the status of Available that you would like to have pulled for you? If you are a UNCG student, faculty/staff member, registered NonUNCG affiliated user, or Community Borrower, use the Request Item button in the Libraries’ catalog to use our Pull and Pick service. After we find and pull what you need, you will receive an email with a link to pick how you would like to get it: on-site pick up in Jackson Library, campus mail to the on-campus addresses of UNCG faculty and staff, or shipped via UPS free of charge to the off-campus addresses of UNCG student, faculty and staff, including employees of the Moss St. Partnership School.
- For items located in the Harold Schiffman Music Library, please contact them directly.
- For items located in the Teaching Resources Center, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reserve Instructional and Entertainment DVDs for classroom use on specific days, UNCG faculty, graduate student/teaching assistants, and staff, including employees of the Moss Street Partnership School, please use our Film and Booking Delivery Form.
- UNCG students, faculty, and staff may be able to borrow checked out items and items with the status of Missing via Interlibrary Loan, or borrow them from other area and UNC libraries using their UNCG ID Card. Contact the Check Out Desk if you need assistance with these services.
To Place Requests:
Use the Request Item button () in the Access Options panel located to the right of the catalog record to initiate a request. You will be asked to enter your My Library Account username and password. It will take approximately 48 hours for us to obtain materials with the status of Available to fill requests. Requests for materials in our off-site Storage facility may take longer. You will be notified if we cannot locate items or need additional information.
Once we have your items in hand, you will receive an email titled "UNCG Libraries, Request in Process – Your Action Required." Open the email and use the library pickup link to choose one of the following 3 option for how you would like to obtain them. Items will be checked out to your library account, and you will receive an email titled "UNCG Libraries and Affiliates, Items Due Dates".
- On-Site Pickup – At the Jackson Library Checkout Desk: Items will be held for pick up for 14 days. Please bring photo identification and visit the Checkout Desk in Jackson Library during our operating hours.
- Campus Delivery – Sent by Campus Mail: This service is available to UNCG Faculty and Staff only. You will be routed to a Google Form where you will be asked to provide your campus address. Most materials will be checked out to the library account of the borrower and arrive within three working days of the request. By placing a Campus Delivery request, the borrower accepts responsibility for materials once they leave the library.
- Shipping – Free To Your Off-Campus Address: This service is available to UNCG students, faculty, and staff only. You will be routed to a Google Form, where you will be asked to provide your current shipping address. Most materials will be checked out to the library account of the borrower and shipped within three working days of the request. By placing a shipping request, the borrower accepts responsibility for materials once they leave the library. You will receive a confirmation email from UPS when the materials are shipped. Free return postage is available, by request, when you are ready to return your materials.
- Holds for Entertainment DVDs are limited to 4 per person at one time.
- All requests expire 90 days after placement if not filled.
- Holds placed by UNCG students, faculty and staff are filled in the order placed. Holds placed by others are filled in the order placed after all other holds are filled.
- Notifications are emailed to the iSpartan email account, or for all others to the email address used when registered.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.